Wedding Reception Tips
- Private clubs, restaurants or hotels, which provide complete service and facilities many times can be less expensive, and relieve you of the burdens of coordinating the wedding reception.
- Make sure you see the actual room or location where the reception will take place.
- Have the room name, or description, written on your contract to avoid any confusion later.
- Disadvantages with private clubs, restaurants or hotels are that you must conform to their time schedule, and many times, to pre-established menus which allow little or no flexibility.
- Private homes or gardens can offer more flexibility with regard to personal desires and time schedules. However, the burden of coordinating is on you, and may require the assistance of a wedding coordinator.
- Interview a few caterers and reception location managers; compare the cost and what each will provide before making your final decision.
- When comparing cost of different locations, don’t forget to add in the cost of rental equipment, such as tables, chairs, glasses, plates, silver and serving dishes, if you are considering a location that doesn’t provide these items.