Destination Wedding Favor Inspiration | Wedding Favors that Travel Well
While wedding favors are increasingly disappearing- or rather, evolving – destination wedding favors in particular are unique in that these wedding favors must travel well either in shipping them to the wedding location or for guests to transport back home after the celebration.
If your wedding is international, it is strongly recommended that you not ship your wedding favors in advance. There is too much potential for items to get lost, stolen, stuck in customs, etc. There is also the issue of your wedding location not having sufficient space to hold your items for you when they arrive. If you are having an international destination wedding, consider purchasing favors directly from a local resource that is reputable and recommended in the actual geographic location of your wedding destination. Another fantastic option is including a wedding favor for guests in your thank you notes after the wedding has come and gone. It will surprise and delight guests and is a great way to leave a memorable impression on them.
Here are our top picks for wedding favors that travel well as destination wedding favors:
- Anything lightweight and nonperishable – stay away from glass and food items which can melt, decay, or be confiscated at the airport.
- Great lightweight items include fans, personalized playing cards, conversation cards, wine bottle stoppers, luggage tags, bookmarks, placecard holders that double as picture or recipe holders back home, flip flops, etc.
- Consider favors that are actually a souvenir of the location to which guests are coming so they do not have to buy one and can remember their trip as well as your wedding day.
- Travel kits such as sewing kits, mini travel soaps, facial /spa kits are always a welcome (and useful) favor for guests who have had to travel.
- And finally, perhaps our favorite destination wedding favor idea that travels well: your wedding signature cocktail in a packet for guests to mix when they get home – it’s fun , unique and they can take a bit of your wedding celebration and the fun home with them and think of you as they sip their beverage. Have fun with the design of the packet and explain to them what it is and directions for mixing it.